Monday, March 23, 2009

Philippine Airlines (PAL) sucks in Customer Support service "Hated PAL"

Philippine Airlines (PAL) sucks in Customer Support service "Hated PAL"
I have my worst experience with PAL and their customer support service. We have lost a total of P3253.00 (2,653.00Php plus the cancellation fee of P600).I have booked a 17December2008 flight for my brother from Manila to Cebu using my HSBC credit card. But a day after that my brother needs to cancel the flight since his
company requiring him to go abroad immediately. He went right away to PAL office in Manila and asked to cancel the flight. He was asked to pay a cancellation fee of
P600. He called me that I don't have to worry about the credit card since PAL flight charge would not reflect since he already cancel the flight and paid for the necessary
cancellation fee(s). It was 2nd week of January 2009 that I have received my HSBC bill and was surprised that the P2653.00 flight charge was there. I was not happy
about it so I called PAL office here in Cebu to that my latest bill reflected the flight charge which is supposedly cancelled. They have asked some details of the flight and I
were able to provide them. They have confirmed about the cancellation of the flight the day before it. But refer me to PAL manila office instead since they could not do
the reversal of my credit card bill. They give me a number which I could not even call or an invalid number when I tried to dial it. I've searched for the landline number of
PAL for customer support but everytime one person answer they always refer me to another number which I could not contact. The number are always busy. I have
called two numbers in PAL manila office but not successfully talked to the right person. I went to got email my concern to PAL (domestic and international support) and
asked for a reversal of my payment since flight were cancelled and my brother have paid for the cancellation fee. I have given the complete details of my brothers flight
to make sure no further queries needed. But I never received any reply from them, not even one. I emailed them thrice but no single word received from them.I felt like I was robbed by PAL. How could they do it to their customers. Even requiring to collect cancellation fee and at the same time collecting the flight charge which
never did happen and was cancelled prior to the flight? For me they are the worst Airline, worst customer support. I have highlighted this concern to make sure someone knows and review this blog about the dark side of Philippine Airlines (PAL). I have spent most of my time calling
them asking for numbers who always passing one person to another making you give up. Emailing their customer support email add several times that never received
any response even I have put my number for them to easily contact me anytime. It's been March 23, 2009 now and still never heard anything from them. I no longer expect any reversal from them. I should accept I got robbed and move on... Part of moving on is the reason why I wrote this blog.
Philippine Airlines (PAL) is always late in their flight. I never get to choose an airlines in my company it so happens that most of my flight home from Manila to Cebu are
booked to PAL. I have flight with PAL approximately 4 times and all of them are at least one hour late!!! Their flight always get delayed that my last flight with them that
were supposedly scheduled 7pm was moved to 9:30PM. I actually arrived at the airport around 8Pm knowing they always get late so I might I guess room around the
Makati city before going to the airport. Guess what, I was still early with my flight since we actually boarded the plane around 9:00PM.
To those who transact business with PAL in Credit Card, BEWARE!!! as you might be the next victim and might get robbed by Philippine Airlines.When you still prefer PAL then you could go late (like an hour) and still be an early bird.It's your choice. I prefer Cebu Pacific Airlines over PAL at any times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

same situation is happening to me... I've sent out my refund application on Jan 30 (2 round-trip tickets from HK to Manila, which cost me for HKD4,830.33 or approximately equal to PHP28,015.914), the department finally replied me after a month and insist that they have forwarded my application to the international refund dept, & the refund dept insist that they forwarded back my refund to the card processing center since Mar 5. I've keep on asking them to provide me any reference # in order for me to follow up my refund w/ the card center but they coundn't able to provide one... I've called up standard chartered card center and they claimed that there is no outstanding/pending refund coming from PAL from end of Jan til now...

Ging's Do-It-Yourself Travels said...

I am trying to process a cancellation/refund as well. Unfortunately, I don't know anymore who to contact. Tried all the appropriate hotline numbers on their website and either it is unavailable, keeps on ringing or put on hold for an indefinite time. Emailed onlinebooking but never got a reply. Emailed refunds_domestic and here is what they said:

MAbuhay!

For refund of your online tickets, please email onlinebooking@pal.com.ph

Thanks.
Domestic Refunds

Very useful info, eh? I think this is intentional para talaga sumuko ang customer. I am so tempted to reply with:

Wow, I got a reply. Thanks a lot! Guess what, I already tried that. Never replied. All hotlines are useless. Good luck to me. Why no name at all? Ang galing talaga magtago ng PAL basta usapang refund!

Mabuhay?! Baka mamatay kamo sa kaka-contact sa inyo!

Sorry for such a long comment... still trying to see how to get back at PAL...

Philipss said...

I like your post very much!
Philippines Airlines